Move-In Guide for Students
There is a full handover of the property to the first person moving in, including a walk around of the house to check the condition of the property and furniture provided.
The house should be clean and tidy when you move in, and during this handover we will mark on the inventory any items that are found to be defective/broken upon move in. Any items that require maintenance will be reported and fixed as soon as possible.
We do understand that not all defective issues and damage can be picked up when the house handover is conducted, so we ask that you report any maintenance issues to us immediately and email us with any damage to be added to the inventory within 48 hours of moving in.
Essentials to Bring With You
Apart from your personal belongings, cloths and textbooks often students forget some important house essentials. Have a look at the list below:
- Toilet Roll
- Multi-Surface Cleaning Spray – for those sticky tables after a round of ring of fire.
- Hand Soap
- Washing up liquid and Sponges
- Bedding: Duvet, Pillows, Bed Sheets, Duvet Cover + Pillow Covers, Blankets etc…
- Cloth drying rack/cloths horse
- Iron + ironing board. Some houses may have one
- Mini Tool Kit (screwdriver, hammer, pliers, scissors, Stanley knife etc…)
- Personal Kitchen appliances and supplies
Broadband and Utilities
Most of our tenants will have to sort out their own Wi-Fi unless informed otherwise however if you do not have bills included rent with Student Places then you will need to sort out your own utility bills. Click the buttons below for either our Student Places Broadband guide or a SaveTheStudent guide on energy providers.