International Students

Useful Info
Property searchContact us

Guiding international students

Living and studying away from your home country as an international student can be a struggle. Language and cultural differences can form unnecessary barriers to your experience, which is why we’ve tried to make things as simple as possible for international student tenants. 

To rent your student accommodation with Student Places, follow the easy steps below. 

Find a UK-based guarantor who is willing to help

If you normally live outside of the UK, you will need to find a guarantor in order to rent a property with Student Places. Your guarantor must be:

  • Based in the UK.
  • Over the age of 25
  • Not a student. 

For many overseas students, finding a guarantor who fits the bill can be tricky. Luckily, you have other options…

To help you to budget effectively, we’ve created a handy guide that takes you through the fees and charges you may have to pay during any tenancy. However, for quick access to the different types of contracts available,take a look at the range of documents that are available to download in the Contracts and Fees page

Option 1.

Pay your rent in advance

We’ve devised a range of different payment options to provide maximum flexibility for international students without a guarantor. 

1. Pay the full years’ rent in advance on 1st May. 

2. Pay two 6-monthly payments on 1st April and 1st October. 

3. Pay three individual 4-monthly payments on 1st April, 1st July, and 1st October.

To take advantage of any of these flexible payment options, speak to us today. All payments must be made via Bank Transfer or Direct Debit on or before the dates provided, and a parent, guardian, or next of kin must provide a signature to confirm this payment.

For quick access to the different types of contracts available as well as guidance on the fees and charges, take a look at the range of documents that are available to download on the Contracts and Fees page.

Option 2.

Use the YourGuarantor rental scheme

YourGuarantor is designed to help students from abroad to be accepted for private student lettings. Here’s how it works: for a fee of 3.5% of your rent balance, YourGuarantor will act as your UK-based rent guarantor. The scheme is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students who fulfill the criteria set out on the YourGuarantor website