Parents & Guarantors
Why Choose Us?
Over 15 years' experience
With over 15 years’ experience in managing student properties, we know that parents like to ensure that their children are getting good quality accommodation. We’d like to assure you that our team are highly professional and well-equipped to help your son or daughter through the process of securing a student house.
If you have been asked to act as a guarantor, you should read our sample guarantor agreement. To act as a guarantor, you must be a UK resident, non-student who is over 25 years of age.
At Student Places, we know that many parents like to be involved in the process of securing a student house. As such, we are more than happy to meet with parents or guarantors to address any queries or concerns you may have. You can call or email us, or drop in to our office in Canterbury.
Services we provide
- Well-maintained houses
- Easy-to-understand contracts
- All houses accredited with Canterbury City Council’s Accreditation Scheme
- Gardens maintained by us
- Helpful and experienced staff
- Quick response to any maintenance issues
- NICEIC Electrical certificates for all houses
- Gas Safe certificates for all houses with a gas supply
- Setting up of all main utility services for the start of the tenancy
- Communication with local authority for Council Tax exemptions
- A house meeting when all students have moved in – to provide advice and guidance
- Termly rent payments which coincide with incoming Student Loans
- Individual contents insurance policy for each student with Endsleigh Insurance